But it may surprise us to know that even these people see flaws when they look at themselves in the mirror.While it may be easy to brush aside their insecurities as over critical or vain behavior(especially when they complain about flaws that ain't even there) its important to remember that we are all guilty of it.While you may hate your curly hair someone else may love it or you may despise your bushy eyebrows while someone else is filling in their scant ones while secretly cursing you.
So the reason I loved this tag was that it was great way to show people that no one is really perfect and the girl you admire might even be insecure about the same things you are.And that's why i'm bringing this TAG into the blogging domain and starting off with 3 of my imperfections.
- This will come as no surprise if you have read my review on Vaseline Men's Lotion. I have man hands.Now I know my genetics aren't in my favor here but what really bums me out is my hands aren't even similar.My right hand has darker and thicker knuckles than my left hand and so people may think they are the hands of two different people.
- Now my second imperfection are my feet.They aren't too big or too small so I've always loved how I can get my feet into most of my friends shoes (and doubling my shoe closet) but a pair of shoes whose material i was allergic to as a child left dark marks on my big toe and bunions on the side of my feet which make me so conscious of wearing flimsy sandals or flip flops.This one is especially hard since I LOVE shoes(at least I have my peep-toes to comfort me).
- My weight.Now I know this is something I can control and am working on getting where I see myself being overweight all my life has skewed my self image so I always find myself questioning whether losing the weight will be enough.Now what that weird statement means is that I don't know what I will look like when I'm thin and I find myself questioning the outcome and maybe just expecting too much.
- As much as I dislike my hands I love my nails.I know, I'm weird.Anyway I have always had smooth shiny nails with a wide nail bed that is perfect for painting them an array of colors.And after religiously taking cod liver oil capsules for many months they are strong and grow really fast.
- The second thing I love in myself and would never change are my dimples.It makes me wanna smile just thinking about them and I have received tons of complements on them.And the best part is I have one on each cheek.Say cheese
- My skin.Now despite the tag my skin isn't an image of perfection but it is to me.I have combination dry extremely well behaved skin.Now I put my skin through a lot with eating junk,not exercising regularly,sleeping at unbelievable hours and going out w/o sunscreen and most of the times even forgetting to moisturize(both of which I have now stopped).But my skin doesn't ever breakout,just the rare pimple which heals with just eating well for a few days and keeping my fingers away from it.It's also remarkably resilient and survived in the humidity,sun of Goa as well as extreme cold and dry heat of Gujarat and everything in the middle w/o much interference from me coz until a few short years ago I just couldn't be bothered.
P.S I just realised I made it sound like I only wanted 2 kno abt ur imperfections(suddenly English is my second lang). I wud love 2 hear abt all the things u love about urself coz there nothin makes me happier than a woman takin pride in herself.The purpose of this post was only to declare that each of us is Perfect in spite our imperfections.So comment and let me know